The beginning

Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:15 PM Posted by Molly MacIntyre
I decided to start this blog one night while I was laying there in bed, desperately trying to fall asleep. It is at this time of day that my brain decides to remind me of my dreams, goals, and failures, or less dramatically the list of things I need to do the very next day. I originally thought this phenomenon of late night brain activity was unique to women, but I have begun to realize I may not be the only one who is tempted to grab a notepad at 11 o'clock at night and write down whatever my frontal lobe is threatening to throw away if I don't record it. For those who have also experienced this you probably share the opinion that this "system" of thinking is extremely annoying. And as I have heard, this annoyance is also shared by your spouses as they attempt to sleep while you're just "now" remembering things you can not forget to mention.
Lately, rather than a list of "to do's" for the next day I have been reminded of goals that had not been met or ideas I haven't taken action on. So in an effort to get some more zzzzz I am scribbling these thoughts into actions so they no longer torment me.

1 Response to "The beginning"

  1. Unknown Says:

    I think this "phenomenon" is unique only to those who can't help but wish to know (to think, to ponder). Unfortunately it is usually in those silent midnight hours when, no longer drowned out by the keening howl of life's incessant actives, the mind's frantic pleading for contemplation can no longer be ignored. I say unfortunate not because we have these thoughts, but because so many only have them then. That being said I have come to believe that (with rare exception) the only people who really sleep soundly are the innocent, the ignorant, and those who throw themselves at whatever their hand finds to do, with all their might, pouring themselves into blissful exhaustion at the end of a day well lived. Congrats on choosing the latter of the options, and thanks for instigating the nagging thought that I should be following your lead (that thanks isn't completely genuine, but I'm working on it).

Post a Comment